Friday, January 3, 2014

Let Them Eat Quirky Cake!



      
So when I came across The Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco's wedding photos I was instantly mesmerized! She shared various candid moments on instagram that are just radiating with happiness.
                                                                              


The obvious stand out of the night is that fabulous pink dress! Colored dresses have been becoming increasingly popular that last few seasons, and I suspect after seeing how utterly breathtaking Kaley looks, we'll see more brides opting for a nontraditional hue.





After I got over that fantastic Vera Wang gown, I noticed another interesting wedding detail;She had an upside down cake!! Now that is what I call unique. Actually, I'm not even sure how it's even possible, but I love it! It is the perfect whimsical touch to her fairy tale wedding.


In case you are loving Kaley's unique cake as much as I am, here are a few more that stand out from the crowd.

                                         A 'naked' wedding cake is a lovely concept, especially if you are keeping the wedding rustic and intimate with DIY elements.     
This "Naked" wedding cake is beautiful in a deconstructed way.

                       Macaroon :)


A charming macaroon cake is simple to construct, and therefore very cost efficient compared to your tradition tiered cake.
                                    croquembouche wedding cake with lavender

Another alternative to tradition is this croquembouche. It's French, so needless to say, it's the chicest cake around.

No comments:

Post a Comment